Friday, December 26, 2008

The Christmas Caper

I look forward to Christmas all year. I love the movies, the dumb music that gets played over and over again as soon as thanksgiving is near, the smells,and the yummy food. And just like that, its all done. A whole year of anticipation and preperation and what do you have to show for it. A MESS!! This year I decided to get a real tree. Keith knows that I am a freak about Christmas so he wasn't too suprised when I spent a lot of money on Christmas decorations to make my tree look like Macy's. It took like 5 hours to decorate it on top of most rooms in the house. The tree decorating was a story in itself. Not going to bore you with how many times the tree fell over as I was almost done decorating and how I had a nervous breakdown! Those details would be too boring. Christmas as our first married couple was important to me. I wanted to get Keith something I knew he would love. He had been talking about the new Hp I-touch computer, however, he mentioned he didn't want us spending too much money. Of course, I didn't listen and bought him the gift I knew he would love. I did my research and after another tragic story, I finally purchased the computer and hid it at work. Keith asked me for a list so he knew what to get me. On my list: (simply suggestions, not all to be purchased) a new knife set, new pots and pans, the Magic Bullet (research this item if you are unsure, you will want one for sure) bedding from pottery barn and at the very top of my list, highlighted and bolded, a new Jewlery Box! Christmas morning, I place the beautifully wrapped computer among other gifts which were on his list under the tree. We opened one at a time back and forth. I got my knife set, my pots and pans and of course the Magic Bullet. Hmm... No jewlery Box yet. Keith got his new work out clothes, a new belt, cologne and yet to be opened, the computer. I was sure the jewlery box was hidden somewhere. How could he not get the one thing I kept talking about? The look on Keith's face as he opened the Hp was the most amazing thing ever. He had no idea I got it and I was so proud of myself for actually keeping it a secret. I also couldn't stand it anymore. "Keith, did you get me the jewlery box?" I was still hopeful. He didn't. I wrote down on the list the color, the store to find it in, Target cause they have it all, and even the aisle to find it in. "Renae, I couldn't find it." was his response. Are you kidding me? Did you want me to just buy it and wrap it for myself? I didn't understand how he couldn't find it. Then i remembered why. He's a guy!!!! So today after 3 hours of cleaning up the department store tree, note to self, next year, buy a fake tree, I made Keith go with me to Target. The whole way there, he was trying to convince me that they didn't have it. I knew better and low and behold where was the jewlery box? Right where I said it was. He felt so bad and then I felt bad for being happy I proved him wrong. Dang it, why do I have to have such a guilty conscience. Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and if you need a new jwelery box, I know just where to find one!!

5 comments:

Dana said...

You are hilarious. Way to make him feel bad on Christmas. hahaha See, that's why I do buy my own presents. And I wrap them myself, too. ;)

nina said...

That's funny. I know exactly what you mean. I kept on not buying new bath towels because my husband said "Oh I got you taken care of" when I mentioned that I needed some new ones. But did he get me any, no ;) Oh, well. Guys are funny.

Teri said...

So did you buy the jewelery box?
The only way I get what I want is if I buy it myself. :)

ReNae said...

My name is ReNae. My last name as stated on my birth certificate is Ball. My birth date is 06/10/1946. My parents divorced before I was one. I have never been in contact with my fathers family. His name was Robert Ball. Is it possible that you are my relatives?

Stacey said...

Hahahahaha! A clue...buy what you want then you are happy! Happy New Year, I hope it is great for you as a couple!