Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow in Vegas... Believe it


Keith informed me yesterday that Vegas was suppose to get snow today. Of course I didn't believe him. As I was getting ready for work today, the radio announcer said Vegas was to get four inches of snow. Was this guy serious? Hello... we live in the desert. Keith and I live in the southwest part of Las Vegas which is close to Mt. Charleston (or what Nevada considers a mountain). As I left for work this morning, it was cold, but no snow. What do these announcers know anyway. I have lived here four years and I have yet to see snow. The closer I got to work, which is close to the mountain, the more I noticed that Keith and this radio guy may have been on to something. Sure enough, ten minutes after being at work, it started to snow and the flakes were huge. It didn't stop till around 9 pm. I couldn't believe it. My coworkers and I decided to go out and take some pics to mark the occasion. I figured it was good proof because I didn't know if anyone would believe me. Heck, its Vegas, I wouldn't have believed me.

3 comments:

nina said...

Wow that is crazy. I wouldn't ever think it would snow there.

Stacey said...

We had 'snow' in Houston last week...we did not have flakes like you did, though!

Teri said...

Nothing like a desert snow eh? The best kind of snow is the kind that comes and goes fast.
Love the pics.