Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Renae Padilla??

So I was at the DMV today attempting to change my last name and make Renae Ball official. While I was there, I was informed that I had a suspended license and had a warrant for my arrest with several outstanding tickets close to 4000.00!!! What?? I told her there must be some sort of a mistake. The lady explained to me that my license had been suspended since April! I was never informed of anything. At this point I am completely confused and now I am freaking out. I had gotten a speeding ticket a year ago september and had it reduced to a parking ticket and paid 90.00. How could I be in this deep over that?? After leaving, I contacted my lawyer friend that had helped me get the ticket reduced in the first place and explained to him what the situation was. He was just as confused as me. He looked me up in the records and it said I was paid in full. The DMV wasn't going to reinstate my license till the matter was cleared. After some investigating, we soon discovered that there is another Miss Padilla in Las Vegas who is a bad girl!!! Her full name is Rena Renee Padilla. She is a big time trouble maker and her charges were being put on my record and my charges were on her record making her look like an angel and me look like a criminal. She as born in the same year as me and with matching last names and matching ID numbers except for the last three digits, she was my evil twin in Las Vegas causing me all this drama. We finally got the mess cleaned up and the DMV was able to change my name. People beware, you may have an evil twin out there!!! HAHAHAHA

2 comments:

jennifer76 said...

I read your blog. Glad to hear your life is so great. Just wondering if you ever thought about repaying those that helped you along the way? Like I said, just wondering.

Unknown said...

Hi Renae, This is Rena Renee Padilla. The same Rena Renee Padilla that you refer to as your evil twin from Las Vegas. I am formally requesting that you remove this post. I understand that your life is super great and all but not everyone has the fairy tale dream you make yours out to be. 1) I in no way gave ANY false identification or False information when receiving TRAFFIC TICKETS. 2) Ever stop to think hey, since they are on my record she probable is having these issues too? I think not. 3) I did attempt on multiple occasions to resolve these issues, and even gave citation numbers, but I kept being told that i had nothing further to do because they couldn't find anything so i dropped it thinking i lucked out 4) to call someone you never knew a "bad girl" "Trouble Maker" and "Evil" is completely out of line. These charges are for traffic tickets for crying out loud. But of course they probably tarnish your picture perfect life. I could see if i was a child abuser, prostitute, druggie or serial rapist. But traffic tickets?? come on. I get they caused you some frustrations in getting your license fixed. If that is all you have to complain about you have it lucky. Since we are reduced to throwing out assumptions, I guess people like you need something to complain about. I am sure you assumed I knew all about this and that I laughed at the idea that someone else had to deal with this. That is simply not the case my imprudent dear. I had a hell of a mess to clean up too, yes the tickets were my fault adn i take accountability for that, but the rest was not. Again, please remove this post. Signed - your Evil Twin