Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Woman with Two White Shoes??

This morning I decided to make it to the gym. Keith and I got ready and headed over. I went to work out in the woman's gym while Keith headed upstairs. I hopped on the treadmill and about two minutes into my work out, I felt something a little funny on my left foot. Not thinking much of it and convinced it was my mind telling me that I needed to go home and be lazy, I ignored it. As I continued to run, I felt as if I was running lopsided. I happen to look down at my feet and what do I see: THIS!

Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture? Clearly one shoe is an athletic shoe and the other is just an old shoe that serves no purpose at all. How did I not notice this? I tied my shoes and got out of the house without being aware that I was wearing two completely different shoes. At this point, I was pretty embarassed. Not that anyone stares at your feet, but this was a little hard to miss. As I finished up my work out, I met up with Keith and notified him of what was on my feet. Do you know what he said?? "I noticed that when we were leaving the house and also when we were walking in to the gym, I just thought you were into a new fad you read in one of your magazines." I do have a subscription to US weekly, but has anyone ever heard of two different pairs of shoes being a fad? I could have died laughing that for one, I went out of the house looking like this and for two, Keith honestly believed I did this on purpose. Sweetie, I have lots to teach you about style and clearly someone needs to teach me how to dress myself!

7 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, how funny Renae! I can't believe Keith didn't say something when he noticed. What a supportive husband...he would let you look like an idiot, if he thought it was what you wanted. ;)

At least you were doing your own thing and not in a class or something.

nina said...

I am laughing so hard at your husband's comment. That is so funny that he thought you would intentionally do that. Men really don't understand us do they? But that's sweet he didn't say anything.

Michelle Thompson said...

Renae, you are to funny. My mother in law came to visit in November and brought two black shoes. One had a pointed toe and one had a rounded and she said she had another pair just like them at home in her closet. Ha Ha

Bagleys said...

Soooo Dana and I are currently laughing our butts off AGAIN reading this.... and we laughed even harder at Michelle's comment. That's just hilarious!!! Maybe you should make sure to take a double-take before you leave the house, just to make sure! :)

Jennie said...

Who knows, maybe some one saw you and will think they are missing out on a new thing. If you start seeing different shoes all over Vegas you can totally claim it...or not:)

Kara said...

That sounds like something Jason would say. I have a few good stories of some outfits he has put together. Gotta love guys' fashion sense. At least he was supportive and not embarrassed of you :)

Stacey said...

Great support you have in your husband! That is very cute, he thought h=you were cool wearing 2 different shoes! I think it is hilarious!!