Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Christmas Caper Part II Quest for the Jewlery Box

So what I neglected to tell everyone was after I had proven my husband wrong about the where abouts of the infamous jewlery box, we were informed by the good ol' target personel that they were out of the one I wanted on top of all the others that were displayed. I asked him if there was another Target close by that had one. His reply: NO. I was a little upset that I had went to all this trouble, but what is that word to describe what just happened... Oh yeah... KARMA. I had given Keith such a hard time that I was now being punished. We checked another Target close to our house and they also didn't have one. For the next week, it turned into a conquest! I was bound and determined. It wasn't even about finding a home for my wonderdul Claire and Icing purchases, oh no, it was war! Target vs The Ball's. (gotta love our last name) Keith was even on board. Everytime we past a Target, it was impossible to just drive by with out going in. One day, we got lucky. I found it! It was glowing on the shelf. So beautiful in all its glory. It wasn't the original one I picked out and no longer on sale, but still mine to keep. We get the last one. We get it home, pull it out of the box and it looked to be already essembled and ready to go. Till we saw that the top where the mirror sits was not attached. The hinges in a small bag and the screws were the size of a fingernail. Guess who volunteered himself for the job? Keith! No excitement however. After much consideration as to what microscopic screwdriver it would take to screw these things in and after a few attempts, Keith cursed out Target for making the impossible impossible. I ended up laying the top on with out the hinges in place, found a home for all of my cheap jwelery and called it a day!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yeah! Happy you are in possession of your jewelry box! Congrats!