Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Sis is Here!!!


Since my sister and I are close to 9 years apart, we never really grew up together. She wasn't "cool" enough to talk to when I was still living at home. She was an annoying, little brat. With her graduating and moving on to bigger and better things, I thought it would be a good idea for her to move out to Vegas for the summer and get a job. It would be a great opportunity for us to get reaquainted. I thought it would be so great for her to come out here and we could do all those things that sisters do. We never got to go shopping, get lunch, share stories etc.
She came out here a couple of weeks ago and we have had our challenges. Even though we haven't lived under the same roof in over 8 years, we still manage to bicker and argue just as sisters would do. With me living in a completely different environment than she us use to, I have been trying to show her the "city" life. We have had a good time going to dinners, laying out by the pool, shopping and getting caught up. I have also assigned her chores around the house. HAHAHA. Like she is going to get a free ride. I sound like a mom. "Can you take out the trash please." What has become of me? Maybe this experience will be good for me. It will allow me to see how much of a handful a teenager can be and it also made me want to call my mom and say I am sorry for being such a brat! She must have wanted to pull her hair out with me!
I just can't wait to have one of my own!!!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

2 beautiful girls! Seriously you guys are so pretty! How fun to have some sista' time, even if it's quite an adjustment!

Teri said...

I think it's great that your sister is getting to hang out with the funnest (or most fun) person around. On the other hand...I'm sure you are great at giving out orders. ;)

Kristin said...

Ah..sisterly love. Reading that reminded me that my dad always called our basement the "whine" celler! haha Lucky him for having 4 girls. You should totally check out Sanctuary! It was soooo nice. I would just plan for long days at the spa or swimming in the gorgeous pool NOT hiking cause it's like 120 in the shade right now!

Michelle Thompson said...

I can't believe how much your little sister has grown up. You two are so pretty. Enjoy her while you can!