Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wyoming!


Just recently, my fiance and I had a chance to make it out to good ol Lovell for a nice visit. It was Keith's first time and let me tell you, he didn't know what he was in store for. When we arrived in Billings, he was checking out the scene and had made a few comments about how quaint and small it was. Really Keith? I am pretty sure I explained to him how big my home town was, but at this point, I don't think he quite grasped it. So here we are, treking along in our BRIGHT RED rented mazda. With my led food and the color of the car, odds were completely against us. As we are exiting the wonderful, excitement filled town of Deaver, I feel as if I am in the clear so I decide to speed up. BIG MISTAKE! Out of nowhere, here comes a sheriff with his lights flashing. The only thing I am thinking is, "Please let me know this guy so I can get out of a ticket." Who gets out of the truck? Officer Angel. Thank goodness! I am saved. After a little convincing and promising to never go 65 in a 45, I was out of the ticket and back on the road to Lovell.

A quick tour of the town sites, "Here is the sugar factory, there is the grocery store, here is lovell drug." Grand Finale!! "There is Conoco." Keith the tour is over. I am quite proud of my home. I made sure to include the "hang out" saveway, and what use to be the best place to get nachos! Keith was a little shocked at how small it really was. I told him that by the end of the trip, he would be meeting quite a few people. At my sisters graduation, he had the honor of meeting the whole town. I always keep my promises.

This time coming home, we got to play tourists. We took a trip to cody, visited the museum, headed out to the damn. I almost forgot how georgous Wyoming is. I guess I took it for granted when I lived there and had all the beautiful scenery at my beck and call. Take the time to get out there and enjoy all the great things Wyoming has to offer!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

My side hurts from laughing. I had to read this to my husband, this is the exact same conversation/"tour" that I gave to him on his first visit. LOL