Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Puppy!

For months I have been trying to convince Keith to let me get a dog. No easy task. I have tried to make deals, begged in a pathedic fashion and he is set on no. His reasoning: Poop all over the place. Usually the dog subject is followed by the baby subject. We both can't wait to have one, but what I can't seem to understand is how he he says no to a dog for the fact that they poop everywhere, but doesn't a baby poop too? Hmm..... I have mentioned this to him before. I have to laugh everytime we discuss it because maybe he doesn't seem to realize that babies do more than poop. I have tried to convince him to get a small dog, big dog, hire a pooper scooper, hire a trainer. I am out of ideas. He asked me if there was a dog that didn't bark. What?? Is he serious? He counteroffered me by saying that when we have a baby, then we can get a dog. The order of things seems to be a little backwards. Someone please convice him that I need a dog!!!

5 comments:

Teri said...

There actually is a breed of dog that doesn't bark. I can't recall the name of it, but it does exsist...now I have to look it up.

Kristin said...

It's been a while since I had a dog...remember good ole Peanut the chijuajua...even still, I'm not sure one can really compare dog to child. I guess one thing about waiting until after children is that you will already be used to cleaning up all sorts of bodily fluids on a daily basis and the dog will fit right in! ha ha

Teri said...

Basenji...

KrIStiN said...

I thnk ya need a dog too!! We got our girls a dog a while back, and he is the coolest dog ever, if only he quits shedding, and pooping of course, but the pooping part, i'm outta ideas on that! buy diapers I guess! ha ha, I dunno if there's a correct order to go in, dogs and kids, kids then dogs! but...they are sure a fun family thing! We have a boxer, he is so fun though, he lets the girls do whatever, but he hardly ever barks, only if you tell him to speak! that's about it! but good luck convincing I dunno how to help
!! just beg and plead! ha ha , jk....

nina said...

I have to say that I agree with Keith on this one. Sorry! I hate that dogs tear stuff up, bite things, growl and bark constantly. Then you go to walk across the yard and you step in a nice fresh one. Not to mention all the hairs all over your clothes, and the lovely dog smell. Sorry I'm not a dog lover. Good luck convincing Keith, Brad hasn't succeeded with me yet! Ha ha.