Monday, March 23, 2009

Back in the Real World

Keith and I just had the pleasure of spending the last two weeks in a tiny town in Oklahoma. Keith was there for work and so I decided to tag along so I wasn't with out him for two weeks. Let me tell you, it was a struggle! Just to give you an idea for all of you out there, the town we were in makes Deaver, Wyo look like a metroplolis. We get to our hotel and at first glance, it wasn't that bad. We walk in (us and two others) and we get the look of death from the front desk. They were so rude to us. I kindly asked if there was a work out facility in the hotel. The lady's response, "We have a treadmill, but it doesn't work." Hmmm... so the conlusion I came to was that there really wasn't a work out facility. Simple enough. While waiting, since were weren't aloud to check in till 3 (mind you we are in the middle of nowhere so I am sure checking in early wasn't a serious issue) Keith used the restroom. He comes out a little confused. His colleague, Skippy, went in after him. By his name, you could guess that he is a character. The funniest guy ever. He comes out and informs the rest of us that there are no paper towl dispensers, but simply a wash cloth, JUST ONE, that is to be used to wipe your hands. I am sure I don't need to go into detail on how disgusting that is. How many people used that? Sick! Moving on. So we get to our room, not too bad. I was beginning to think things were looking up. I glance down at my cell phone and it reads, NO Service. Perfect! I turn on the TV and I flip through C-span, Fox News, MSNBC news and then I get to five out of order channels and appear to be where I began. Awesome! I turn on the computer and apparently the hotel has a net nanny so I was unable to get to any site worth spending time on. How could it possibly get any worse!? Just as I said this, the microwave starting freaking out, beeping uncontrollably. I unpluged it and pluged it back in and to no avail, it did it again. I am beginning to think this is the Norman Bates hotel. I joked with Keith that I was going to jump out of the window to put myself out of my misery. I go to open it and it opens an inch. Everything was out of my hands. I felt so out of touch with reality that I couldn't take it. To top it off, through the course of the two weeks, we had to practiclly beg housekeeping to clean our rooms.
The two weeks sort of flew by despite all the wonderful entertainment. It was nice to be home and made me really thankful for civilization. If anyone is looking to spend two weeks of vacation, call me. I know this great hotel :)

4 comments:

Brook said...

I love it!!!:) That sounds like a blast...maybe Keith and I should take our family vacation there since we can't seem to decide where to go:) WoW! I'm glad that you made it back!:)

Michelle Thompson said...

What a place. I bet you are thankful to be home!

nina said...

Ohhh... that really sounds like it sucks. And it whats even worse is that you guys had to pay for the experience ;)

nina said...

We need an update, where you been?